The mission of the Giles County Election Commission is to ensure the integrity of the electoral process within our county. We endeavor to carefully administer election laws and provide the most efficient, accurate and secure election process possible. To accomplish this, the Commission works closely with the County Election Office to register voters, conduct elections, provide voter and candidate education, and comply with all state reporting requirements.
COVID-19: Absentee Voting Guidelines
Am I eligible to vote absentee by-mail?
- You can vote absentee by-mail if you fall under one of the following categories:
- You will be outside the county where you are registered during the early voting period and all day on Election Day.
- You or your spouse are a full-time student in an accredited college or university outside the county where you are registered.
- You are on the permanent absentee list.
- You reside in a nursing home, assisted living facility or home for the aged outside your county of residence.
- You will be unable to vote in-person due to jury duty.
- You are sixty (60) years of age or older.
- You have a physical disability and an inaccessible polling place.
- You are hospitalized, ill or physically disabled and unable to appear at your polling place to vote; and/or you have determined it is impossible or unreasonable to vote in-person due to the COVID-19 situation.
- You are the caretaker of a person who is hospitalized, ill, or disabled, and/or you have determined it is impossible or unreasonable to vote in-person due to the COVID-19 situation.
- You are a candidate for office in the election.
- You serve as an Election Day official or as a member or employee of the election commission.
- You are observing a religious holiday that prevents you from voting in person during the early voting period and on Election Day.
- You or your spouse possess a valid commercial drivers license (CDL) or Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card and you will be working outside the state or county of registration during the open hours of early voting and Election Day and have no specific out-of-county or out-of-state address to which mail may be sent or received during such time.
- You are a member of the military or are an overseas citizen.
Election Office & Commissioners
Zena Dickey: Administrator of Elections
Nikki Gibson Lawhorn: Deputy
Shara Flacy, Annelle Guthrie, Judy Mitchell,
Graham Stowe, Maxie Trotter
Giles County Election Office
222 W. Madison St
Pulaski TN 38478
Phone: 931 363 2424